When Jose Mourinho took the bold decision to throw £30m European Player of the Year 2015/16 Henrikh Mkhitaryan into the starting XI against one of Europe’s averagest clubs, in one of the meaninglessest competitions, few could have envisaged winning the Champions League, F.A Cup and English Premier League Treble, on the very same night!! GGMU!!!!
Here’s 5 things we learned from what one maverick expert is calling ‘Return of the Mk’. Me. I’ll be auctioning that a joke on Ebay, on Black Friday Month.
1) That Mkhitaryan is worth every penny of that £89m.
2) People have some great theories about Westworld.
3) Gift of a Goal have started legal proceedings btw.
4) Winning 4-0 is better than drawing 0-0. See also: 1-0, 2-0 & 3-0. Although it’s obviously relative; 4-0 is loads better than 1-0 but only marginally better than 3-0.
5) Mkhitaryan autocorrects correctly on my phone now at ‘Mk..’ so much better.
6) I’m still ‘MI hit a Ryan’.
7) House bricks > Samsung.
8) What does a Mkhitaryan eat anyway?
9) Hate to piss on your chips, but even Rooney looked like he’d kicked a football a few times before.